Talking about: BOOKS
1. What is your favourite book?
2. What kind of book do you like best?
3. Are there any kinds of books that you particularly dislike? If so, what are they? Why do you dislike them?
4. What book genres do you know?
5. How often do you read books?
6. When do you usually read books?
7. Do you buy books or borrow them from a library ?
8. How often do you go to the library?
9. Do you read books on your computer?
10. Do you find downloading books from the Internet a theft ?
11. Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction books?
12. If there is a movie based on a book that you really enjoyed, will you go to the cinema to see it?
13. Do you think that books are facing the danger of being dominated by movies?
14. What are the most important factors in evaluating books?
15. Has any book ever made you cry?
16. Who is your favourite writer?
17. Who is your favourite hero of a book?
18. What was the last book you read? Did you like it?
19. Do you sometimes find it difficult to tear yourself away from a book?
20. What kinds of books have an educational value?
Useful vocabulary connected with: BOOKS
favourite (level: pre-intermediate)
book genre (level: upper intermediate)
to borrow (level: intermediate)
library (level: intermediate)
to download (level: upper intermediate)
theft (level: upper intermediate)
fiction (level: intermediate)
non-fiction (level: intermediate)
to face (level: upper intermediate)
to dominate (level: intermediate)
to evaluate (level: intermediate)
hero (level: pre-intermediate)
Idioms connected with: BOOKS
to tear oneself away from sth (level: upper intermediate)